Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Crafty Stuff...

Some people think that you need thousands of dollars worth of stuff to scrapbook, and you dont. I always tell the newbies to go basic, and then as you get use to scrapbooking and finding your niche, then modify.

I started out with 8x10 albums, and didnt care for them after a while, and discovered 12 x 12 several years ago, and love them to this day. Then I went thru a period of only 8 x 8.. there are so many things that you can do on a sheet of paper of any size, it really doesnt matter. I still have the same basic tools that i started using 15 years ago, one of the newest that I added was the Cricut, I love my cricut, and use it almost daily. I dont spend hours on one page/layout, I just dont have the time, I like quick pages, and if all my pages look the same, then that is ok, there is no rule of thumb.

Basically I started with my album, some card stock for a background page, pretty papers that I found for which ever occasion i was working on, and embelishments. You can go simple, or you can go extravagent. Some pages I have spent litterally days on, I pull it out and work on it, or take it apart and start over. I still use glue sticks to glue my pages together, but have become a great fan of the PinPoint Roller Quickie Glue Pen. Oh and dont forget your photos. Cant forget those, as you progress you will add to your collection.

I scrapbook at my computer desk/craft table, and all around me is all of my supplies, I have a one year old who thinks pulling out paper is a fun thing to do... so I usually keep the first few pages just for him to pull out over and over...

Just remember when you are starting this or any hobby you are going to make mistakes, and that is ok, dont let any one tell you how to scrapbook.. these are your thoughts and your ideals of what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note, let me know what you are working on, having trouble with, I have many resources at my finger tips.