Wednesday, July 8, 2009

On The Cheap Side

When I was single and working and in school I never had enough money to really scrapbook the way others did. So I had to find a way to make things happen. I wanted a few LO's to look like the current in fashion so to speak. You have to not only be creative with your craft, but you also have to be creative with how you do things if you dont have the money to buy the in tools.. say a sanding block, those are about 8 dollars in the store, and dont last very long, so I took an old stamp block and took the stamp off of it, and stapled sandpaper that was a few dollars to the block, and there I had my own sanding block for roughing up paper.

Another was buttons, everyone has been using buttons, but I couldnt afford the fancy buttons, or Jesse James buttons ( all the time) so I went garage selling, and found jars of buttons of all shapes, sizes and colors that no one wanted for pennies.

Chalks was another one, the palette that was out on the market depending on maker was anywhere from $35-$50 dollars.. for me, I just bought a box of school chalk, and broke them up as needed, and used a makeup brush to apply the chalk and added a bit of water to really get it to show up..

If you want the latest styles but dont have enough money or money at the time, change the style a bit and try to make it your way..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note, let me know what you are working on, having trouble with, I have many resources at my finger tips.