Saturday, July 4, 2009

Tips, Tricks and Techniques...

I hope to keep this apart of my daily blogging.. something new to pass on, if you have something to share, please feel free to leave a comment.

Sanding Paper
Right now, the Coredinations paper that I recently bought is helping me expanding my horizons.. I want to try new things, but since I like things my way, somethings I get frustrated and tear layouts apart when others think they are just wonderful. But taking sandpaper to the Coredinations paper is something that I have so far been enjoying. I try not to try it to much because I don't want all my layouts to look the same, so for me, I try it for several different albums.

Pre Makes
I premake as much as I can when making cards. I have a box of card stock all pre-folded for cards, organized by color. A recipe box full of vellum phrases i.e. Happy Birthday, Hello, Friendship, etc. So that if have a last minute card to make and I'm in a hurry, all I have to do is pick out the color of the card, a matte, stamp an image, color the edges, and use vellum tape for the vellum phrase.

Invitation size Envelopes
You can buy invitation sized envelopes at any discount/stationary/paper/scrapbook store, they are perfect for cards that are 4.5"x 5.5".

Basics
Make a basic supply list of items you use a lot, such as, vellum tape, glue sticks, any other adhesivies, and put it in your purse, so when you are at the craft store, you have it, so if its on sale, you can stock up. I didn't do this once, and actually had no adhesive, I was caught with my pants down and it was not fun at all. I ended up using school glue for cards, until I could get to the store..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note, let me know what you are working on, having trouble with, I have many resources at my finger tips.