Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Scrapbookers Block...

Lately I have pulled out photos, and I get the paper out, and then i just stare at them, not sure what to do. Is it possible to have scrapbookers block??? i think that is me right now, i am usually on top of this and never have to take more than a day to do a few layouts, but wow, lately the creative juices haven't been flowing as fast. I can make a card, or a layout, but they are usually boring to me. i am really hard on myself and "perfection". i usually let it go, or I hide the layout before putting it in an album for sometimes months, cause there just might be something I can add or change later. I am a simple scrapper, i dont do huge layouts with a lot of fancy "frill", I do however add a few embellies, but that is about it, the art work is my own, and no one else's. If you feel that you need to spend 5 dollars on a page that is just great for you, but for me, the photo is the artwork, the scrapbooking is just the binding to tell the story.

Here I am, sitting at my desk, with three photos and a piece of paper. Two photos are of my son and the other is a giraffe. With giraffe paper for the background... pretty simple stuff, but from there, my brain just doesnt see what I want to be there. A nice layout, simple, that I can be proud of...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note, let me know what you are working on, having trouble with, I have many resources at my finger tips.