Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Greeting Cards...

I love to make cards, at first I was so addicted to scrap booking that I didn't think I would enjoy making cards, but its the total opposite. I love giving them and making large amounts as gifts for people to give as little mementos. I had my very own rubber stamp made with my logo and email address in case someone would like to order more.




St. Patrick's Day, I love this card, it was one that I made for this year and sent out about 10 and it was so much fun, because I found in my stash of stamps, the large St. Patricks Day Stamp, and the little acrylic one on my large ring.




Birthday cards are probably my biggest seller. Everyone has a birthday, and everyone loves to get cards. This card was one that I made for my Mom, that she later asked for several to be made because she liked the colors that were used. I love using Mattes as backgrounds, that is my go to template, and then anything else is extra.






This is was made in three's, for my Mother in Law and her two sisters, had to make sure there was plenty to go around. I switched it up, but the background paper was the same.



Fathers Day, I took some sand paper and added little brads, I wish I had had the screw head brads, but didnt have time to go to the store, so I just used brass brads to simulate nails, along with the little Jesse James buttons that I cut the shanks off and glued to the card.



My signature card is the folded latice, I learned how to do this on the Carol Duvall show, I will look for a video clip, its so easy and then once you have mastered the technique, you can modify it so that you can have an embellishment in the middle, or the bottom, etc.



This card is probably ten years old, and I still have it, I make two of the same, and keep one for a spare or add to my collection. This was the first time I had ever used chalk as apart of my art. I didn't have the money to use the fancy chalk palettes, but I had some school chalk that I got at Target for .25 cents, and added a little water to it, and made it a bit tacky and it stuck wonderfully.


Another card using the lattice technique and working on changing it up by adding ink embossing, it was my first time, and I loved it. Then as I tried different things, I learned a whole new way of inking.





Happy Halloween, I love this holiday, mainly because I get to play with paper that is fun, orange and black, with a little purple thrown in. Mind you, these aren't my favorite colors, but together they can do many things. The card with the spiders has a piece of purple paper in it, to show the spiders off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note, let me know what you are working on, having trouble with, I have many resources at my finger tips.